While the Museum is open, members of the public are encouraged NOT to visit to the Museum.
COVID-19 is spreading quick and fast. Therefore, for safety reasons, it is best NOT to visit the museum.
Please take note:
- No masks, no entry.
- Hand sanitising at the gate is compulsory.
- Temperature checks is compulsory.
- Social distancing is compulsory.
- There will be no group visits, school visits, or any other group activities until further notice.
- Museum is only open to individual visits, for now.
Visiting times during level 2:
Monday to Thursday
08:30 - 14:00
012 351 2289
- The SAAF Museum is open to the public.
- Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 15:00
- First Saturday of each month (Museum Flying Training Day): 08:30 to 12:30
Entrance to the Museum
Entrance to the Museum is free. However, members of the public are encouraged to make donations towards the upkeep or maintenance of the historical artefacts.
Schools and groups are required to make bookings at least two (2) weeks before their proposed visit to the Museum. Individual walk-ins not required to make bookings.
The South African Air Force Museum is situated inside the operational Air Force Base, which means security is of utmost importance. Therefore, when visiting the Museum, members of the public must have proper personal identification. Military personnel at the gate reserve the right to search any individual coming and leaving the Base.